Thread: Wrong fuel
View Single Post
Old Feb 28th, 2024, 22:04   #15
GrahamBrown1
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigtange View Post
I have just purchased a CLA 220 Diesel with pretty much every option apart from the panoramic roof. I work most days so i only drive it occasionally, but when i do it is such a treat. Last night on my way home from a meal out with my wife i stupidly put petrol in it. £50 pounds worth to be exact so around 43 litres or so. I then proceeded to drive it home and it wasn't until i pulled up on the drive that i noticed it judder slightly, i immediately knew what i had done! So after feeling like an idiot all evening, i'm now trying to find a solution. I've looked online and it says that if i take it to Mercedes they will charge me an arm and a leg, and if they find out about it i can loose my warranty? Is this correct? Is there a way that i can drain it myself so that Mercedes will never find out about it when it next goes in to them?

I’m not familiar with Mercedes but this should still work albeit very slowly, like most modern cars it will have an electric in tank pump. You could find the fuel filter, disconnect the supply and turn the ignition on. As the system primes it will pump out the tank. You will have to repeat this process many times to drain the entire tank. Then connect up fill with diesel, let it prime and hopefully it will start. The fact you felt it judder could indicate damage but hopefully it will be alright.

Edit— I’ve just noticed this is basically what clan has already described.

Current- 05 XC90 D5 Exec, 12 XC70 D4 AWD Se Lux, 14 S80 D3 Se Lux

Last edited by GrahamBrown1; Feb 28th, 2024 at 22:09.
GrahamBrown1 is online now   Reply With Quote