View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 14:10   #344
CDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdalebear View Post
Reply from Volvo to my request for information.

Good morning Mr *****

I can reassure that we are still working on this issue and because of the number of vehicle involved we had to release the fix in batches so our retailers are not overwhelmed number of vehicle they will need to attend at a given time.

The first two batches have already been released and these vehicle have already had the fix implemented. We are now working to release the third and finally batch which you will receive the letter about soon.

Kind regards

Anyone on here fixed in the first 2 batches??
This is my first post and I will share my recent experience. My XC90 2016 was recently completed 16th Jan 2020, with a few drawn-out issues. Not sure which batch I am on.

The car was checked in Jan 3rd, the mechanical elements were completed but the dealer called to say that one of the software components would not install (which means the recall repair could not be completed. At that time, they were cheeky to ask me to pay for the software update - it wasn't much but on principle, I refused!).

After some to/fro-ing and because the XC90 is still under a Selekt warranty (bought from another franchised dealer- which complicated things- but that is another story), this dealer garage decided to look into the problem and it was diagnosed that the telematics unit was faulty.

The process took a while, nearly two weeks for what I thought was going to be a day's work -- doing a full install & facing issues, contacting Sweden for assistance, waiting for the a telematics new unit, and arrangements with the Seleckt warranty insurance.

It seems like the repair requires quite an extensive upgrade of the car's operating software (if not the whole OS?) - if there are faulty components which stop the software upgrades from completing, this could delay the recall repairs. If mine wasn't under extended warranty, I presume I would have needed to pay for a new telematics unit.

Perhaps there is a silver lining in being part of the later batches after Volvo irons out all the kinks...

Last edited by CDean; Jan 22nd, 2020 at 14:14. Reason: Include car model
CDean is offline   Reply With Quote