View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 09:18   #21
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstone27 View Post
Put my order in last week and am now patiently waiting....
Have added quite a few extras to my Inscription Pro T5 but am wondering if I should add the smartphone integration,who has it and what do you think of it?
I've always just linked via bluetooth to make calls etc,assuming that's still possible.
Also,can you still track your cars production? I did it last time and enjoyed the experience...my Volvo id is in use with my current cars VOC so not sure if I can still do it?
I apologise in advance if these questions have been answered already!
Appreciate a lot has been said on the subject in this thread now, but just to be 100% clear, smartphone integration is the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to the car standard phone integration. You have full bluetooth functionality as standard. I've had Apple CarPlay for 2.5 years now, and am sure I could count the number of times I've used it on two hands. To me it just looks like a bolt on (which effectively it is), it doesn't look particularly good as a landscape feature at the bottom of the screen and it doesn't offer me anything that the built in feature of the car don't already.

In answer to your second question, I don't believe you can track order on the Volvo site any longer, this was removed at least a year ago, I recon it was failing too often and causing too much confusion!

:wq
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: