View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 02:02   #42
StealthBomber

Hi Big Guy (you devil you)

Happy to share my experiences. Unfortunately, I am not entirely cured ... during a 10 mile trip into the main town today, I slowed (Braking goes against my stealth mode endeavours) for a very busy roundabout ... my chance came, and almost nothing happened rpm hit a high of 400 even pedal to the metal, slipped into neutral hit 4000 rpm - re-engaged drive and limped to the second exit of said roundabout. Car then went back to normal - did my shopping - and decided to fill with Sainsburys' regular unleaded and a bottle of petrol treatment, just in case the Tesco's Momentum is/was the problem. The last 20 miles have been uneventful.

Just thought I might add that I shelled out 365 quid on a new MAF about 5 years ago after trying about 3 refurbished / breaker's much cheaper options wihout success.

On a brighter note, cleaning the throttle 'butterfly ???' enabled a double cog kickdown today - I didn't know the old girl still had it in her.

Incidentally, I have iridium plugs installed 10 years ago with new distributor cap and leads, and they were fine and clean when I got a new cylinder gasket and new (is it really five part) radiator - something was gassing the coolant.

I know most people here won't admit it, but since I lived on the Isle of Man for four years, my baby's top speed with my son as passenger is/was 156 mph. Perhaps that is why he only owns 2 Porsches in the USA.
StealthBomber is offline   Reply With Quote