View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2020, 20:14   #24
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Appreciate a lot has been said on the subject in this thread now, but just to be 100% clear, smartphone integration is the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto to the car standard phone integration. You have full bluetooth functionality as standard. I've had Apple CarPlay for 2.5 years now, and am sure I could count the number of times I've used it on two hands. To me it just looks like a bolt on (which effectively it is), it doesn't look particularly good as a landscape feature at the bottom of the screen and it doesn't offer me anything that the built in feature of the car don't already.

In answer to your second question, I don't believe you can track order on the Volvo site any longer, this was removed at least a year ago, I recon it was failing too often and causing too much confusion!

:wq
It’s landscape in every vehicle, something Apple control. It offers far better voice control, it offers better mapping....