Thread: General: - micro switch
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2013, 23:17   #5
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archerymarc View Post
ar ok thanks,i havent noticed a light on but the battery seems to loos charge from some were,the battery its self is 3 months new
No the light can be swiched off on the unit itself, does the light come on at all when you open the tail gate? if not it has been switched off or the bulb removed/broken.
How long does it take for the battery to loose charge? My battery was flat overnight when the interior boot light was left on by the faulty switch but the battery is 8 years old and it was cold in march.
If its not the faulty boot light then about the only thing that should be useing power with the car locked up is the clock and the alarm/imobiliser systems and these in themselves should take many days to flaten the battery if the battery is in good condition. Which raises the question are you sure of the battery? I accept that it is only 3 months old but is it good quality etc. as I have come across new batteries that have failed drop test, although they passed volt meter test.
I would be inclined to have the battery tested before you start ripping the car apart looking for faults, most garages/tyre dealers will do this free or for minimul charge. Once you are sure of the battery move on to the potentialy more costly jobs.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote