View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2019, 14:54   #14
Odysseus

The quest to find the washer for the door lock continues. I contacted a few scrap dealers via eBay. A few never bothered to answer, one said they only sell the washer with the door locks, and another quoted me £12.50! The stainless steel washer option is looking more and more appealing...

Greedy eBayers aside, everything is going well with the XC90. The detailing people did a great job as stated above, and here are some pictures to show. They’re taken from the company’s Facebook page.

50/50 on the passenger seat

Dirt being lifted from the A pillar

And the A pillar afterwards

Ultragloss of Peterborough did the work and I’d recommend them. http://www.ultragloss.co.uk

Following the deep clean I installed the child seats and seat protectors and various other family car accessories (such as a bin) and this morning we all went to under 7’s rugby in it in much comfort. I must add the fold down boot door made a great seat to plonk the kids on to allow boots and waterproofs to be taken on and off.

The navigation discs have been ordered and should arrive next week, as has a tickle charger to keep the battery topped up during the process.

Any further ideas/how-tos on how to check/change the gearbox fluid myself? With my old S80, while I never did it, I was aware of a method where you pump the oil out from the dip stick tube and refill the same way. However I’m not sure I even have a gearbox dip stick on my car so any advice or expertise would be gratefully received.

Thanks for looking, as always.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote