View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 18:02   #10
Craigy

Default RE: Steering vagueness and wandering

all I feel like doing is getting rid of the most expensive car that I have ever bought, and just to think I choose it over a Quality cars like JAG,BMW ect,ect.

Interesting Quote as I have just sold a 'Quality' Jaguar XJ8 that I only owned for three months, that had been pampered all of it's life, not for something as trivial as vague steering, but for major inherent problems with the timing chain tensioners and Cylinder bore linings, which affects all V8 Jaguars built between 1997 - 2000.

The result on many hundreds of the cars has been complete engine destruction on cars with mileage as low as 20,000. A mere £8000 to replace.

I lost £3500 on this car (which I bought privately so no dealer depreciation) and have now gone back to an S60 (I have always had Volvos in the past)and will never buy one of those 'Quality' cars again.

I now sleep at night knowing that the worst that can happen is that i need to keep my steering wheel straight as opposed to the thought of remortgaging my house to keep my Jaguar on the road!!

If you want my advice for what it's worth, either take the S60 for what it is (a sporting and more involved drive) or sell it and buy a Jaguar. By the time you sell the Jag, you'll think of the S60 as engineering perfection.

Alternatively trade the S60 in for an S80 - this was my previous car and the best car I have ever owned - being a bigger car than the S60 it drove just like my Jaguar but without the unreliability.

All the Best

Craig