Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - B23A to B230FT conversion
View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 10:24   #33
240ratrod

Yes they are 17" Peugeot/Citroen steel wheels, banded 3in at the rear and 2in at the front. With Peugeot van centre caps.
I went yellow to match the prancing moose sticker.

The car is lowered on custom GAZ adjustable coilovers.

I was planning on measuring the available space and buying a universal intercooler to fit. I can make some brackets to mount and the associated pipework. If I find something from another car which works I may go that route but I fancy a shiny new one!

On another note I've read that the CBV can leak so I thought I'd fabricate a blanking plate and install an external recirculation type valve.
OR I've found the valves that can recirculate, dump to atmos. or do a combination of both. Installing the latter way should please the MAF and still give some nice noises. Thoughts?

With mine being an auto I won't get the lift off tssh on gearchange as the throttle doesn't close creating vacuum on shift. But throttle lift off will still work. Yes?

Also looking at getting an electronic dual stage boost controller.
I've got this idea of having a 'sport' switch on the dash, bare with me.
Activating the switch would engage the DSBC upping the boost from 7psi to 10-12psi. It would also open an exhaust bypass valve.
That way I can have a standard mode which would be quiet and put less stress on the engine, or sport mode which gives me a nice rumble and full boost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 240ratrod1.jpg (362.3 KB, 7 views)