Thread: 240 General: - 244 Headlamp Adjusters
View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 12:33   #7
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Hello. I see now that your earlier type rectangular (tending to square) headlights are constructed differently from my later headlights. So my comments in your other thread do not apply. But you are wise to proceed with caution.

When the adjustment screws are definitely sorted by your oil and your diligent work, A garage with the alignment checker would not usually charge much to set the alignment.

Good luck.

Thank you for that. I'd realised that my headlights must be different to the ones you described in another thread as I started taking them apart. Your advice on being cautious was well founded: I had a look online for replacements and could not find any of this type - so I think they must be rare, hence I have to fix rather than replace.

I'm confident the headlamp adjusters are working better now than they have for many years, and I had to get them working before I could take them to a garage to get the adjustment done. My aim (excuse the pun) now is to get them pointing more or less the right height so I can take them to a garage for a proper adjustment. That should be a pretty easy job when it gets dark this eve.

Best wishes.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote