Thread: V50 General : - V50 T5 AWD Front and rear shocks
View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 14:13   #6
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
I see, bit of a mine field then.

I've yet to have this confirmed for sure but I understand all/most? S40/V50's could be ordered by the first buyer with 'custom' suspension depending on preference?

There would have been a choice of Soft/Medium/Sports and the springs were marked as such.

My VIN search confirmed my car has the 'Dynamic Chassis' but that might be a T5 thing anyway? mine's an SE model not a Sport.
From my research I found that, almost any engine spec could have been customised with on-demand suspension type, so my car for example was available in:
- COMFORT / DYNAMIC / SPORT suspension to choose from. The trim model (SE, SE SPORT) has little to do with it as it only specify the equipment type. My car for example is SE SPORT but has COMFORT suspension setup. From build plate it also says that whether shocks = comfort, the front anti sway bar is sport/AWD version where rear one is Comfort w/o Nivomat and rear springs no 31 (out of 5 or 6 possible types just for AWD model!). Bump stops on the other hand are AWD spec and does not correspond with C/D/S suspension type at all. Its like a giant jigsaw puzzle so as you can imagine - most aftermarket manufacturers just wouldnt bother creating some of the oddballed parts. Im kinda happy that this is behid me as the whole process was really confusing and a bit annoying