Thread: B230e to b230ft
View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2022, 15:51   #28
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS9 View Post
Yes, but its keeps it slightly high from cold until you stop, even if you don't stop for 30 minutes after it is warmed up. After that the idle during braking isn't any different to stopped (normally one should have the engine engaged although for Hypermiling I coast alot), maybe its more relevant for automatics. Idle is detected during throttle closed switch, it doesn't need the speed sensor for that.
It's not used when the engine is cold, the ECU is using a different map then. As for idling during braking, you should be in gear during braking, the speed sensor is there for different reasons to the TPS idle switch.

As for hypermiling, i'm glad you have success with it, i've tried it over 35 years in various different cars with different injection systems (Bosch L-Jetronic, LE-Jetronic, Lucas which was Bosch L-Jet under licence, Bosch LH2.2, Bosch LH2.4, Bosch Motronic early c.1990, Bosch Motronic later c.1997, Honda PGM-Fi and probably a couple of others i can't think of now) and i've never had such good mileage as when i drive how i normally drive.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote