Thread: B230e to b230ft
View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2022, 14:55   #29
panda529e699

Default B230E to Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW3696 View Post
Hello all.
I have a lovely 1988 740 2.3gle with the b230e engine. It is a great engine but I am considering putting a b230ft engine in it that I'll hopefully find in a 940.
I have been looking around for advice but can't seem to find anyone who is knowledgeable in doing this conversion. I am in Hertfordshire but don't mind travelling. Could anyone recommend someone please.
Many thanks.
All the best
Joe
Hi
I was following on from previously, I did say I would put some info on when I had finished my K-Jet turbo.
I did get the B21ET fuel distributer and air filter housing, along with the fuel pipes, I couldn,t get it to run right at all with the warm up regulator connected wrong.
So I put it back to the later pics, but using the bigger B21ET fuel distributer under the inlet manifold. I was able to adjust it this way, and get the exhaust gases right with my modest DIY meter.
I will most likely try and put it like pic 1 again, now I’ve got the fuel distributer set up somewhere near although in a different location.

Keeping the fuel distributer under the manifold was an idea I found online, apparently a chap from IPD did it with a 240.

I moved the battery to the passenger side so just need to sort out a washer bottle.
I replaced the sump for one with a purpose made oil return fitting in it, which was handy.

The parts I needed for phase 1 were.
Intercooler
Turbo exhaust manifold,
Oil cooler,
sump
coolant hoses for the turbo and oil hoses.
B19ET fuel distributer.
Mitsuibishi Turbo
Warm up regulator from B21ET engine.
Exhaust front pipe from B19ET, which needed extending by about 4 inches.

One of the mistakes I made was to connected the flow and return to the warm up regulator the wrong way, that delayed me a bit, so its got the vacuum line on for boost enrichment I believe.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/g8dXNHt
panda529e699 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to panda529e699 For This Useful Post: