View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2015, 09:44   #10
Mike 700
Premier Member

Angry

FD

I say again, that you are clearly basing your viewpoint on your experience of people you know or meet during the course of your working day, and unfortunately this does not give you the appropriate balance - you have clearly spent time investigating charities, so may I respectfully suggest that you now spend some time looking at the genuinely disabled who would have a seriously reduced lifestyle without Motability.

I realise that part of your argument is based on the type of car available, but I reiterate, that there is no law that states 'the disabled should be poor & devoid of choices '.

With regard to choice, a standard Bipper, would cost exactly the same per month as a 'luxury' car , without any difference in subsidy, if any, from Motability, but I grant you that the deposit required may be less - a deposit which does not come from the State, so goes back to personal choice of what to spend personal income/savings on.

Continuing on this 'choice' theme, having four children is not 'your fault' as quoted, but is 'your choice' , whereas disability is usually neither ' fault nor choice'.

As far as affording £200 plus monthly payments is concerned , then it is clearly down to personal circumstances, but my reason for quoting such figures was to provide you simply with the information that Motability users get no more of a financial deal than is available to anyone else, although they do not have the same financial checks as the non disabled, but this is because they, invariably, do not have the ability to command a similar income to others, and secondly because the DWP pay their Mobility benefit direct to. Motability, so there is no possibility of default, thereby reducing overall costs.

Btw. The Mobility benefit is very similar to the child benefit for four children.

Finally, I now mix with disabled people every day, some I look at in awe at how they cope with life - none of whom look for sympathy, and all of whom would gladly utilities VR's Fiesta solution.

Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: