View Single Post
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 16:30   #87
Dan F
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaffronC70
I think this thread should stop, imo.

If you don't want the risk of things going wrong, car turning unreliable, possible damage to ECUs, insurance problems, extra wear on components, the odd mishap here and there . . . .

DON'T TUNE YOUR CAR

Take it easy !

Chris
Hi Chris.
Exactly!
Mind you, the fact that you are making that statement, is all the more remarkable considering the hoo-har you made about 'that mishap' that happened to your car *after* you had made the decision to tune it. (Anyone who frequents here will know what....)
Notwithstanding any opinions about workmanship etc, one could reasonably argue (and I know any main dealer I have dealt with would take this tack) that if you hadn't tuned your car it would never have happened. Arguably therefore, any problems you have with your car after fitting non standard parts etc, is ultimately down to the fact you decided to tune it in the first place.
Anyone who tunes their Volvo is frowned upon by VCUK anyway, so don't expect any sympathy from anyone there if something breaks when you have already given the go ahead for it to be altered beyond factory specs.
My car is now out of it's warranty period and therefore the ball is firmly in my court if I do anything to it.
I alone will have to foot the bill if anything breaks, if I decide to tune further.
Mind you not having to worry about if a warranty covers anything or not is very liberating.

Dan.
Dan F is offline   Reply With Quote