View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2009, 08:06   #30
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

It's not cheap but hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. The engine is the most expensive part I'd say and is one part that for me I wanted to improve. I've sourced spare and repair panels cheaply, got a cheap second car and will be doing all the body work and painting myself.
I've source all the engine parts now, everything from KG Trimning except the head which I'm getting from another Swedish company called Sten Parner Motors. Bought a megasquirt EFI on Monday and now hopefully that is the last of the spending for a while and some actual progress on the car needs to start happening.
I pulled the engine and gearbox out of the second car on the weekend. It's been raining heaps here in Aberdeen and I had to have the garage doors open to pull the engine (need the space) and there was a small stream flowing into my garage which was lovely when underneath the car disconnecting the drive shaft etc.
I've taken some pics of the second car which I'll load up when I get some time, have work and study to do so hard to find much spare time at the moment. Off for a holiday next week and then down to Englandshire for two weeks for a course so I won't be back in the garage until December.

A question for those in the know; what size of gap should there be on the outside of the car between the outer sill and the bottom edge of the door on a P1800? Mine seems to have a gap larger than I thought there should be.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote