View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 13:36   #3
OriginalTDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60D5-185 View Post
Hi Dave I retro fitted mine with bits off ebay for about £30. Spacesaver was an additional £35.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-XC9...kAAOSw50Vdv0eq

Reading this it does look like it changed which seems odd.

When you remove the winch blanking plate bolts it looks like you have to remove the rearmost seats to get it out and install the winch.

This is not the case even though you will see some info to say that it is!

All you need to do is remove a couple of the bolts from the seat rail with everything in situ and you can get the plate out and the winch in.

One point to remember is that if your XC has the twin exhausts ie one either side, I'm led to believe that a spare wheel will not fit.

If you do eventually get a second hand winch and want a photo of the bracket and bolts to remove, drop me a PM and I'll sort it
Many thanks, I only have the single side exhaust and going under the car it looks like there is mobs of room. I have now sourced a spare wheel, just trying to root out the correct winch assy. I believe around my MY date to the end of production time of the Mk 1 xc90 that Volvo also undertook a modification to the winch by adding a spring to stop the cable jams...
OriginalTDave is offline   Reply With Quote