View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2018, 11:24   #5
v8250

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Keeping the car outside is a risk especially in winter. With winter use you need to wash the car after each use due to the amount of salt now covering our roads
CK, I wouldn't fully agree with the above. I keep mine outside under a fully breathable all season outdoor car cover and the Amazon remains completely dry throughout the winter/rainy seasons. And my car has an original full length Golde canvas sunroof.

The trick is to air the car regularly. Take the old girl out for a good drive when it's dry, even in winter. Get the car up to properly hot running temps, including the heater as this removes any chance of moisture inside. The golden rule is that our old cars need to be used. Don't treat them like garage Queens, drive them.

Re' washing, of course just wash the car...and then dry off with oversized soft polishing cloths...running the engine and heater will dry off any areas still wet; job done.

My recommendation is go have some 'life fun'. By the car you want. Maintain it, wash it, drive it regularly and, above all, enjoy it
v8250 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v8250 For This Useful Post: