View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 17:15   #6
btsuck

ha ha Kerry, funny you should post as i actualy spent an evening reading the complete thread on your rebuild. Reading it from start to finish in one go is quicker than doing it real time and makes the job seem suitably impressive. I've not put that very well. Lets just say it took me ages to get through 35+ pages, (2hours+) but it's the only way to go really.
Re your mods, i like most of them. The seats great idea, (+leather is bleeding cold as well) door handles yes look better, small front no plate, yes, the carbon fibre round the back no plate, not bad, removing the wipers, yeah go on then, the wheel colour, i think i prefered the lighter look, general colour coding works well. There was something i really didn't like too much, but i can't remember what it was! It was outside......
But great job. And great thread.
DSK.> many thanks for the link and your sound advice. I've seen this example on ebay, they call it the colonel. Not sure about the name, but if you've ever seen such a lengthy write up on a car i want to see it. I think this could be a record. Car does look rather nice, if a little pricy. There's also a 300 bhp black job listed (photos show it at towcester racecourse bucks). Somehow i'm not sure about that colour.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-VOLVO-V70...item41560a5cbc

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-VOLVO-V70...item4cf47da7ca

I put some diesel in today, and noticed now 1.30 a litre. 95 octane fuel is 1.49, 98, 1.52.
That was at a local supermarket. On a payage add 15 centimes to all prices i guess.

We are being robbed!!! How come no one's moaning??

I'm late resonding to this as i didn't think anyone had replied (i thought i would be notified by email and i didn't bookmark)

re that thread, on economy mine goes from hertfordhire, round the M25, callais, through Paris and down to Brive le gailliard (60 south on limoges 120 miles north of Toulouse) on 70 litres. Mileage: 596. But if i remember i drove slow (70) most of the way, and began to open up with about a hundred and fifty miles to go. (90).
I was running on fumes eventually but made it back. There are some lovely roads around here, in the east of France (i moved). Fairly mountainous, and challanging. The trip over to geneva is hairpin city, but with good flowing stuff too.

Btw, i was stopped by gendarmes last week for failing to come to a full stop at a jucjtion with a stop sign. I in fact didn;t stop but rolled through at 5m and turned left, straight into the path of the happy gendarme as he stepped away from his unmarked car on the pavement to flag me over. 90 euro's sir, now or you don't go anywhere. The cars has still got UK plates, i said i don't have the money. Not been paid yet, tight after xmas etc. He said can you get 23 euro, i said, yes probably, so i drove to a cashpoint for the 23. 23 is the mimimum they can take if 'necessary' ie you got nomoney. But anyway, as you probably know, you see a stop sign, you are meant to stop, long enough to engage first gear from neutral, or two seconds.
I woudn't mind, but everyone here tailgates like it's some kind of national pastime. That is truly dangerous. doing 140kph is not. The limit was 140 kph until 5 yrs ago btw, then they dropped it to 130 (80) bloody dogooders. And still they tailgate, completely unassailed.
btsuck is offline   Reply With Quote