View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 09:30   #6
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boaty View Post
Well, I've finally had an offer from someone who wants to break him. It's literally the only offer or even expression of interest that I've had, so I'm afraid that unless there's a minor miracle in the next three days Victor is headed for a somewhat inglorious and undignified end. It does seem barmy that a stunning car which must number amongst the very best left on the road, and is a rare variant to boot is worth no more than it's wheels, stereo and engine as parts, but there we are. Clearly the 460 is the unloved black sheep of the Volvo family!

Cheers to all for your help over the last few months, and if any of you knock around the S70 or 960 parts of the forum I'll no doubt see you there. :-)
Your car must NOT be broken, Big Boaty, that is not just barmy, that is unmitigated sacrilege!

I am truly sorry that I am not in a position to buy him. Even if I could, he'd sorely miss his heated garage and have to stand out in all weathers.

There has got to be some way in which a car as good and unusual as yours can be preserved: perhaps the classic car hire market or even the corner of a transport heritage group's store?

Regards, John.