View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 21:24   #1
Jungle_Jim
VOC Member

Default Vandalism after England-Sweden game

Hi all

I posted a similar thread on the general forum because it might effect all Volvos, but - did everyone's car come out of the weekend unscathed following the England-Sweden game? Or was it just me...

Last Sunday, the morning after England beat Sweden, I woke up to find my 240 estate was badly vandalised (on a street in Brighton). I've had to replace the nearside front door. Nothing was stolen, and there was no attempt to steal the car (thankfully).

When I saw on the news that apparently an Ikea store was beset upon by drunk England fans, this added to my speculation that the mindless violence on my car was somehow related to the football, plus the diabolical combination of high alcohol levels and low IQs.

I suspect that 200s, and 700 & 900s - which look most like archetypical 'Volvos' - would be more likely to attract this type of moronic behaiour than newer Volvos for several reasons - one is the new ones are more likely to have alarms, and also newer ones barely look like Volvos and might get mistaken for Kias especially if you're drunk.

Hopefully I'm the only one, but did anyone have any trouble after the Football on Saturday?

Thanks
John
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote