View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2018, 07:15   #29
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevied1960 View Post
Hi XC90mk1.
Why is an LPG system not worth it?
Do you mean from a problem/running issue, or cost of the install = fuel savings cost?
My car is the V8 4.4 and has a Prins system installed when I bought it.
To date I have had no issues, especially when considering the cost of LPG over petrol.
The system is faultless, changes to LPG when engine hits temperature and switches back to petrol when LPG tank is depleted with a warning beep.
The EM light came on once when I was really accelerating hard to the max of the gearbox, it also went out on its own after a few miles of normal driving.
So I for one can't complain, then again I didn't have the cost of the install but I have the benefits of cheaper running costs.
I have been in Range Rovers (several), omega, Passat and several other cars with LPG, the main issue is that I believe (not joking) that they would ALL have the EML on frequently which is now an MOT failure.

The rAnge rovers in particular had pretty much no boot left and you could not fold the seats due to the massive tanks in the boot with gauge and pipe work all in the cabin with the passengers which I really thought looked rubbish and I wouldn’t want.

Leaks and install problems/misfire.

The donut tanks seemed to fit the wheel well ok but offered app Awfull Range.

I have no axe to grind or motive here, all I can do it pass on my experience if leaks, poor running, constant management light. The OP is looking at fitting this to a modern vehicle and frankly I think that unless EVERY part of the installation is perfect there will be problems.

On a seperate not lpg offers poor lubrication and high running temperatures. I wonder how your valve seats look compared to a petrol and how much you would have saved if you paid for the install?
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote