Thread: Annual service
View Single Post
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 10:06   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
Ok, just done my first annual service- the car is at a about 22K kms- and to my (pleasant..) surprise- nothing had to be done outside the scheduled maintenance items - ie. oil, oil/air filters, cabin filter, and updates.

Now I expected the fuel filter to be included in the annual maintenance- but they told me it's every other year or 60K kms. This seems a bit high so I was thinking of having it ordered an replace it myself. Has anyone done it on a diesel SPA and is it much involving?

Also- my understanding is that transfer fluid is not to be serviced at all (ie. a closed system?!) whereas on old cars it had to be changed every other year if I remember correctly.. Same for A/T fluid- they're telling me that it doesn't have to be replaced?! Can someone confirm this?

No problems with fuel filters they get changed every other service, Rear axle oils are the very best quality synthetic and in the past 15 years on the older models never give oil problems .

They are wrong about the auto gearbox , in your conditions should have an oil change every other service according to the volvo schedule or at 54000 if it were mine ..