Thread: XC70 Service
View Single Post
Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 10:05   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignumGB View Post
It's rare that I ever go to a dealer for a service, but having picked up a XC70 again in January of this year, I thought I may take vehicle for a dealer service and MOT as both due at same time.... Got quoted £430 for Service and MOT!!

Almost spat my coffee out when I heard this number on the other end of the phone! And the words were spoken casually as if it was a cost not to guffaw about! I said thanks but no thanks and will stick with my local garage at less than half the cost. Anyone had a similar experience with their local dealer? Extortionate servicing costs? I know dealers are always more expensive, but when the 'service' was broken down into it's component parts, doesn't seem a lot for your money...
Yes £375 is about par for a service on any prestige car these days at the dealer... and has been for some years certainly not extortionate .. was this the small service or the one with air filter and fuel filter ?

You do get what you pay for ... and a few "free" concessions ... did they discount the MOT ?

Last edited by Clan; Aug 22nd, 2019 at 10:08.
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote