Thread: XC70 Service
View Single Post
Old Sep 1st, 2019, 20:46   #7
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignumGB View Post
Yeah I can never justify paying main dealer prices. It had been a while since my car was at a dealers, but called for a quote anyway as they kept pestering me with letters. Maybe it's retirees with no mortgages who pay those prices because someone does, otherwise they'd drop them if no one ever used them for services etc. I noticed they said they'd price match but I bet that comes with caveats and probably won't be local dealer prices either.
Stick to who you know as they say. If you've used your local garage before & you know that they do a good job at fraction of the cost, then that's the place to go.

I used a main dealer to service my Mercedes A Class once. It was only a basic service, which was just an oil change & a top-up of fluids - That cost around £200 with the Mercedes stamp in the service book. Then the next year, it was due the 'D' service, which is basically a full/major service & they wanted £575 when I rang up for a quote! I decided there was no chance I was paying that, so I went to the Mercedes dealership & purchased all the genuine parts required that the dealership would replace on a 'D' service for around £70 (The parts advisor told me exactly what I needed). Me and my Dad changed the oil, replaced all filters etc & reset the service light ourselves. Its no wonder these companies have fancy showrooms & workshop facilities! £575 for basically a glorified oil change is simply outrageous.

Last edited by Kev0607; Sep 1st, 2019 at 20:53.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: