View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 08:27   #7
chrisfr

If its helpful, when i start the car I usually check by briefly pressing the my car button to see if its available ( which usually for one of twenty or so reasons or maybe because the moon is in the wrong quadrent - it is not ) This prepares me for what is coming next. I dont usually deselect it. I find that very gentle progressive braking usually doesnt trigger it even if its available. You are not gojng to damage anything anyway as the starter motor is not the one fitted to normal cars but a much heavier duty one as are the batteries. The smaller start/ stop battery is gel and charges quickly, but its the other main car battery that is the one that controls availability as the sytem wont activate if this is less than 80% charged. Things like heated seats will affect this or aircon on full pelt may.
If you have an auto box and stop start switches off the engine when you are parkin, dont leave the car without pressing the engine on / off button on the dash as the engine may start again and the car could start moving again if still in drive! Crazy but true. Just another one of the design features that the volvo engineers may have created after too having many sherberts the night before.