View Single Post
Old Nov 16th, 2019, 14:15   #449
Mrp140

Default A little disappointed....

Bought my 2016 XC60 r design lux nav D4 2wd a few months ago and sadly I'm a little disappointed.

I think the car looks great and to be honest this one of the main reasons I bought it. Seats are comfortable and it has a decent boot for my dog. The 2l engine pulls strongly and is reasonably smooth.

I find the 8 speed auto box infuriating. Its dim witted, slow to react and little jerky to change gear. Its terrible if you try and pull away with any sort of speed from junctions/roundabouts etc. You put your foot down, nothing happens for what feels like an age then it gathers up it skirts up and usually ends up with wheel spin and torque steer. I had a DSG box in a previous car which was much better.

I have had the polestar optimisation upgrade done to the car which was meant to improve the gearbox. To be honest, hardly notice the difference and would advise others to save their money and not bother.

I am also disappointed with the ride quality. Its is good on the motorway but show it any other kind of road, it crashes over even the smallest bump.

Silly little design features which are annoying include 'puddle lights' in the door mirrors that don't come on when you unlock the car. Having to adjust the passenger and driver climate control temp separately. Why cant I control both from just the drivers side? Having a dog in the boot regularly, I don't seem to be able to 'reduce guard' the alarm system permanently. I have to go through the menus every time. Try and drop the side mirror in reverse it has a mind of it own and moves too far down too slowly. Handbrake position was clearly an after thought by Volvo designers. Very minor things I know.

Finally, the build quality for a so called premium car is poor. The car is 3 years old now and the interior creaks and rattles much more than many cheaper and older cars I have driven. My wifes 4 year old Kia feels much more solidly built and was half the price.

Thinking I should of got a bimmer instead !!

Last edited by Mrp140; Nov 16th, 2019 at 14:30.
Mrp140 is offline   Reply With Quote