View Single Post
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 16:52   #57
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile things to considerate on .. 😀

Thet are great cars,, and the D5 is pretty bulletproof .. but at the sort of year your looking at poor maintenance will play its hand ... but nothing new there, i get avg 37 mpg anyday with my euro4 S60 '06 and probably 45mpg on motorway runs. The euro 3 ones give slightly better mpg, but performance not quite as good i think there are 163 bhp D5 s around 2006, but theyre fairly heavy cars, so if you really want 40 to 50 plus mpg yould be needing something like a D2 (not sure thats the era for the psa engine tho..)

Clutches and dmf (well anything starting D and ending in F, that'll include the Dpf which usually gets cited as a big problem but again i have had zero problems in over 70k miles and 10years with mine, the clutch slave did go on mine and thats an expensive repair - gearbox/subframe off, usually worth replacing the clutch while youre in there although mine has the original dmf and at 140k miles no trouble there). 06 onward is the years ford would play some influence on parts and quality,

Se Lux is the one to find, if you can , with the audio you can easily install a yatour box there may be later versions that support bluetooth, it just have all my music on an sd card or mem stick, and it works great with the wheel controls, the Hu850 sound system is pretty good,
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote