Old Feb 14th, 2022, 08:51   #13
Bigblue74

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeh View Post
Things to check before forcing a regen.
Boost leaks,
Glow plugs, all function,
Swirl flaps are connected and functioning
Injectors, leak off test. One may be leaking off more causing smoke.
Egr and egr function.
Dpf pressure sensor not faulty.

Dpfs don't just clog and unclog. They clog for a reason. Short journeys is the main cause.

Above is the second cause. ALL ignition/emission systems must work before a car will do a passive regen. Vida will be required to do a forced regen and will definitely help in this diagnosis.
The more it clogs, the more likely it'll need to be physically removed and cleaned. A vida regen is like they say brutal, and can be done from cold. Oh boy, it'll warm your car up alright! Set aside at least 30 minutes and a few ****ed off neighbours, put the heater on and enjoy the show!

Alternatively, be naughty, get it cut open, gutted and mapped out along with the egr. You'll be able to tell then if you have boost/injector issues 😉😉.
Yes, we know, illegal, blah blah blah... (before the warriors warm up their keyboards) This isn't a good option, as it's a royal potch to sort out.
Thanks for the reply, I only have the icarsoft pro diagnostic tool, however I’ve done a full code read then cleared the faults done a test drive and re read anything that comes up, tbf it’s quite comprehensive and gives in-depth into each category
The only things that come back up are dpf related, temp sensor reading to high and a pressure imbalance which I’m guessing is the blockage causing that.
I can’t find any boost leaks tbf, I used my friends smoke tester and couldn’t find any leaks
It’s very strange because there is no eml on and the car will eventually rev past 3k but extremely limited power, when I accelerate gently in 1st and second it drives fine but as soon as I drive to pull onto the motorway in third it takes an absolute age to get going, there is just no power, I was actually slower than a loaded truck getting up to speed
Bigblue74 is offline   Reply With Quote