View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2015, 16:42   #13
JEFFBOND

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
All,

Recently I needed to get some complex and very specific routes into Sensus Connect and according to Volvo it cant be done - well here is how you do it
  1. Create your route in Google Maps and then copy the URL from the address bar
  2. Download Tyre to Travel and use it to import the route (File, Import from Website). Then save the route as xxxx.gpx
  3. use Route Converter either online or downloaded to read the xxxx.gpx (File, Open) as waypoints and save it as xxxxx_route.gpx (File, Save As, then choose GPX 1.1 format)
  4. save the xxxx_route to USB stick and import them into the car using the import route in the settings menu.
  5. go to select destination, stored locations, routes and select the route you have just imported

You will then find that the car will show the entire route using the way-points that you have selected in Google maps.

Using this will also allow to converts Garmin, TomTom, KML or just about anything into a route that can be read by Sensus Connect. You can read these other formats into Tyre or Route Converter and then save and import to the car.

I hope this is useful - certainly helped me this past week!

BTW - all the software is free
Thanks very much :-)
I had a number of routes in TomTom itn format from my old SatNav - from home to Paxos in the Ionian with a number of stopovers/return/alternatives. I couldn't find a way to do this and had resorted to naming each of the waypoints in a 'Saved' Group with a numerical prefix do I could 'simply' set each destination in turn.
Your suggestion has worked perfectly - I just had to rename the Route on Sensus (as it named it as the first and last points/destinations) to make it simple to understand.
Great piece of work and advice.
Jeff
JEFFBOND is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JEFFBOND For This Useful Post: