View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2019, 12:32   #1
treehugger

Default Volvo Air con issue ANYONE?

Hi
I've got a newborn now and I've been putting up with my T5's intermittent air con for many years but this summer now means it's critical to me keeping the car!
If the car is sat for an extended period, when I get in the air con works off the bat. If I stop or start the car without it being off for a long period, it doesn't work...
Any ideas?
I'm presuming its electrical as I know the systems in the car take a while to shut down and maybe theres an issue there?

Anyone experience this?

(may be connected)...
The stereo kinda does the same. If I disconnect the battery sometimes when I reconnect it the stereo works perfectly, steering wheel controls and screen all fine. switch the car of and on and eventually the screen no longer shows (still works tho) and the steering wheel controls stop working. This can be fixed by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it (for a while at least)...

I really want to keep the T5 but these gremlins are putting too much pressure on me to sell because of the new little one (that and the fact I can't really afford to buy another car).

Any advise or experience more than welcome! Thanks in advance!
Dave
treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote