View Single Post
Old Apr 2nd, 2014, 21:51   #23
phillippilkington
Phill

Quote:
Originally Posted by don kalmar union View Post
If you want to pay a Volvo dealer for a polestar branded software download then you will get 329bhp with 480nm of torque. I can offer you MTE's Swedish written software (stage 1) that gives 340bhp with 520nm for pre 2011 cars. Post 2011 MTE's callibrations give 360bhp with the same torque.

The important consideration is that because of Volvo's pincode banditry their dealers are the only ones able to flash through the OBD: with MTE the ECU has to be taken out and addressed on a bench which takes some time and at present can only be done when the man from MTE is over here..... I don't yet have the kit to do it myself.

You might screw a good price out of a local hungry dealer...... MTE's superior calibrations will cost you £595 inc. VAT and a visit to me when I can sort it out.

Best regards, Don.
Being thick there lol, just seen your location. Seems a bit of a trek to me, (200m and 4 hrs from me) not saying I wouldn't consider it but it does bring the price up to Volvo price now.

Sorry to sound negative, it isn't my intention, just lots of penny's. I am selling a whole v70 to pay for it lol