View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 12:47   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon123gt View Post
Hi Andrew164, I used to work for TAD until 1981. I can say that during my tenure I did not see any cleaning and refitting of oil filters, but it did remind me of a humorous event!

One of the mechanics, on removing an oil filter found that it had an orange dot painted on it (presumably to see if the filter was changed or not). When the customer picked his car up he drove off and was back within minutes claiming the filter had not been changed because it still has a little orange spot painted on it by himself prior to dropping off for the service. The reception guy then produced the old filter from behind the desk with the little orange dot on it and said 'Oh you mean this old filter! We found this orange spot on it and thought it must be important so we painted a new one on the new filter for you'... embarrassment and laughter ensued....

If you want to know anything about TAD I will try to oblige, guys.
you can see how rumours start now :-) Its hearsay .

I fitted a volvo engine tuning kit , alloy wheels and the body decals etc to a 343 B14 in 1981 ,
and a full volvo GT engine kit , alloy flywheel , spoiler , instruments , decals ,wheels , aux lights , grille light kit to a 144 S in 1972 .. Those were the days ..