View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2021, 15:00   #7
G5pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 RUBY View Post
No check lights, soft "Amber" warning only.... but for one warning, I did notice an unexpected passive regen that coincided with the code date and time.
Both regen & code were after a hard run with caravan down to Cornwall with ambient temp at around 20 deg and just prior to coming to a final halt.

It's a fickle system which needs keeping clean me thinks.

Funny must be the sea air I was on a return trip to pick someone up from Cornwall when it happened - I didnt fuel down there.

Surprised it doesn't trigger light as a P0401 code?

Possible DPF issues to as the two systems are linked. I wont regurgitate the in and outs of EGR operation but if EGR not working correctly (stuck open closed or anywhere between) it will a) increase particulate/soot output and b) struggle to regen by increasing EGT so might be the reason for the regen?

Either way I agree, the electric operation is great when it works but a lot more sensitive and less reliable than Vacuum operated. Add to that the complexity and requirement of cooling the gases now, and as the internet says, you have an extra service item to be completed. As you say a couple of TB gaskets and regular cleaning should keep it at bay.

I have sealed the oil blowby/pcv thing on the the intake tube well now to so that will contribute to my woes as opposed to blowing oil all over the engine. And I really CBA to fit a catch can even though looking in the intake manifold pressure sensor hole I know its well gummed up in there to. To add to my above I use the correct Volvo Castrol oil and change every 12 months/6-8K. I dont lose much oil other than what I would consider normal at 1/2l or so between changes.
G5pot is offline   Reply With Quote