Thread: Imported Volvos
View Single Post
Old Jan 17th, 2020, 12:11   #6
HankScorpio
Floppy member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyldee View Post
HI HankScorpio. Very interested in your post, particularly the pricing you quoted on "messages" and speedo conversion "for a few quid!" MORE information, please!
Volvo diagnostic in Rainham quoted me £60 to change the messages into English (which I really do need to get done). This only changes the messages though and having the milage displayed in miles rather than km is apparently a much bigger job.

Lockwood international have replacemt (mph) dials for around £65.

Some imports I've seen have dials in kph with mph in the middle. Sadly mine is just kph. In all honesty it doesn't bother me as after a week you'll be completely used to it. At the end of the day you o ly to remember the conversions for 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 so it's not hard remembering 5 numbers (and everyone knows 50 mph is 80 kph)

I didn't have any issues with insurance. Cost was about the same as the 13 plate diesel A6 I was previously driving. I've just renewed with Chris Knott (advertised on here somewhere) and they beat the renewal.

Give me a shout in 18 months, there's a good chance mine will be for sale. With the exception that I've just ripped the 'unlocked' tab on the back seat when it got stuck on my wedding ring, it's in fantastic condition
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote