Thread: Faulty Volvos
View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 17:55   #30
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldriver View Post
UPDATE

Having waited 3 days for information as to why I was sold a 7 month old car as new yet again Volvo are in "it's nothing really to do with us" To the reply that Volvo built the damned shed in the first place and therefore must shoulder some of the responsibilty for the condition of the vehicle I am again told that the contract of sale is with the dealer so it's up to me to get any faults rectified through the warranty or to redress from Doves through legal means.

Today I nearly got t-boned by a BUS as I went to pull out the top of the road, the car moved then decided it had gone far enough and stopped moving. With a bus bearing down on me my only course of action was nail the throttle to the floor and pray that it went. I did get out of the way of the bus but the driver wasn't happy with me. I AM DEFINATELY CONVINCED THIS CAR IS IN A DANGEROUS CONDITION NOW!! For a company that use safety as one of their selling points they should be nailed for false advertising. One of the members in the xc60/xc90 forum thread on this hesitation asked if there was anybody prepared to be a martyr and today it was nearly ME!! I dread to think if my 12 yr old son had been in the car how it would have stood up to a side impact from a "bendy bus".........
give us your keys, i have found out from my biking days that bounce remakebly well.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote