Thread: Tyre woes
View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2018, 16:28   #26
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookeh View Post
Covered in any conditions, but also compromised in all of them. All seasons do not perform well anywhere. Comparison review with a range of winter tyreshere. That particular review, which is far from cherry picked, also highlights that several dedicated winter tyres also out perform the all seasons in dry and wet conditions...

Even the supposed 'best' all season tyre, the CrossClimate Plus is out performed by mid-range tyres which are £40 per tyre cheaper than it. For the money you save you could buy two sets of mid-range tyres (winter set and summer set), whilst remaining covered for all seasons with actual decent performance. Scratch that, a dedicated winter tyre, which actually places top 3 or wins most of the recent tyre tests such as a Hankook Winter I'cept RS2 is half the price of the CrossClimate and far superior.

There's a reason countries with true seasons (Germany, Sweden, Russia etc) have laws for winter tyres in winter, which exclude all seasons.
Firstly Germany, Sweden and Russia I understand do permit michelin criss climates I understand, do you have anything to show they don’t (I don’t mind accepting if I am wrong).

Secondly cross climates have outperformed some summer tyres if you review it.

There are some truly outstanding all seasons and I say this as someone who untill the last couple of years ran seperate winter and summers.

Michelin cross climates, Goodyear vector 4 seasons and all weather uhp.

For each bad review I hazard you will find at least 2 good ones.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote