View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 23:31   #1
thesaint6034

Default V50 1.8se a/c problem help please.

Hya folks,
I hope someone can help me, please. I bought a beautiful V50 1.8 se 59plate about 2 January's ago. It wasn't until the summer that I realised the a/c did not work.

Had it checked out, turns out bloke who sold it to me had removed a/c belt so that I wouldn't hear the broken a/c compressor!!
It's taken me til now to save up and buy new compressor w/clutch and receiver drier. Had them fitted 2wks ago by qualified a/c engineer, test leak and refill done etc..

But engineer tells me there is still a problem as there is no power from car to compressor?? Said will need to be put on diagnostics and it will show where problem comes from.He was able test new compressor did work.
I've now forked out approx £800 . and still no a/c especially in this hot hot weather.

Will I have to go to a volvo garage to get diagnostics done?-- no doubt at an extortionate charge just to look and even more money to put right. Or does anyone know where else I could get it checked, I live in Nuneaton, Warwickshire and am female with disabilities who is no longer able to carry out most repairs anymore. Kind regards Tracey
thesaint6034 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thesaint6034 For This Useful Post: