View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 10:08   #26
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananarama View Post
griston64 - £80 buys a lot of burritos, but £1.54pw makes it so much easier to justify a D5. My lady laughed when I told her.

Sotosound - Is your D4 a manual? Or did you pay someone off at the DVLA? Yeah! That's the V70 we test drove, and not sure what the salesman did with the advert, because some of the interior pictures don't match the car; I'm pretty sure it does have the driver's support pack (didn't know it was called that). It's a lovely car in lovely condition, and it's a lot of money, hence why my lady and I are undecided...

Tannaton - I have no experience or knowledge on xenon headlights, so good to know they're pukka, along with the TFT panel and 8-speed auto!

Sotosound - Interesting! Well in that case I'll give the D3 a miss. I like the idea of having a well balanced engine, seems like a no-brainer.

Sotosound - What we're looking for in an estate: well my lady likes to have a toasty bottom so electric heated seats are a must, plus she wants an auto-box. I would like comfortable seats, and a massive boot, and when dropping the back seats, to have a perfect horizontal bay. As far as I know, the V70 is the only estate that has this. We checked out a 5-series estate (F11) and its back seats don't lay perfectly flat. Plus, it seems like a reliable and relatively easy car to work on and service, and I've noticed there are quite a few tutorials on YouTube (timing belt, auto-box oil change, fuel filter, etc). Another thing we noticed is that the V70 feels spacious (as well as been spacious), whereas the F11 didn't feel spacious (despite been spacious). I suspect the V70 black leather is actually a dark-grey, and its windows are bigger, which contributes to that feeling of space and brightness.

Ant B - Your hip may need repairing, but at least your quad is buff and sculpted :-D
My car is automatic. Not sure about paying someone off at DVLA since their offices might well be empty at this time.

(I suspect that Volvo had to revise their CO2 figures for later 2015 Model Year vehicles.)

In terms of features on the car, the details listed in the four relevant sections of the Specification section of the Autotrader advert are more likely to be right than a flung-out write-up done in upper case and written by someone who doesn't check their spelling.

Visually, a check of the bottom row of buttons on the centre console plus the two temperature control knobs for the climate control will tell you which option packs are present.

The two knobs will have a heated seat symbol in the centre if the Winter Pack has been fitted.

The bottom row of buttons running right to left are: -

1) Parking sensors

2) Lane Departure Warning (Useless distraction in town. Part of Driver's Support Pack.)

3) Stop-Start

4) Lane Departure Warning (Part of Driver's Support Pack).

5) Never seen it used. (Part of Keep Sotosound In The Dark pack).

The price is quite high, but that is partly a reflection of the current times, where obtaining a new car has become problematic. Think long term, however, and it is probably still a good choice. Plus you'll probably enjoy driving it every day.

If you can't really afford it, however, then that's a simpler but very annoying thing.

Last edited by Sotosound; Jan 29th, 2022 at 10:49.
Sotosound is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sotosound For This Useful Post: