View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 11:53   #1
Nuddmann

Default Srs-013d fault-can't be reset

Folks, my airbag light came on yesterday, Gatos has kindly reset it for me a couple of times before. As luck would have it, I had a proper auto electrician coming out to look at one of our other cars today anyway. He plugged his diagnostic machine into it. and came up with the SRS-013D Left SIPS Bag. Fault Signal code. No other codes.

He tried to reset it several times, but the light kept returning, with the same fault code. He's a very good diagnostic mechanic with decent kit who I've used before, so as confident as I can be that if he couldn't sort it a Dice probably won't (?) I have a Dice and software,, bough recently, but don't have a laptop to run it from at the moment.

Any ideas on the likely cause here and if it's worth the time and money to sort it, as I'm a fairly basic DIY'er. Car's MOT'd til June next. year so I can drive it until then. I'm reluctant to spend unnecessary money to chase the problem, hence I haven't bought the laptop yet. (I know that sounds tight!!)

I've read some other threads about this, but am not a lot clearer on where to go, checking sensor under B pillar etc et.

Thanks in advance.