View Single Post
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 13:57   #17
Loofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
I remember looking at that one a while back on Auto Trader, although it doesn't seem to be listed on the main auto trader site anymore. Going off the URL, it was listed in January so it's been up for awhile. Might be some scope for haggling there as I recall it was around the same price back then.
Ah ok, didn't think of that. Well done super sleuth
Looks like 24th January?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
Just my 2 pennyworths - as a more general point I would say that often cars with a high mileage are a lower risk than many people think. At work we have a couple of reps out on the road who do 50-60k miles a year (a variety of vehicles but mainly in VW Touaregs) and if my memory serves me correctly none of them have ever been in the garage for anything other than routine servicing.
My guess is it probably comes down to the fact that high mileage vehicles tend to be better maintained than average as those running them realise they are pushing the cars hard and therefore they need to be looked after properly.
completely agree as a general point.
High mileage cars in short period of time are likely to have covered long motorway journeys.
Less stop start is usually less wear on clutch, brakes, starter motor. Engine spends more time working with oil heated to temperature. Often driven at constant speed in highest gear.
Loofer is offline   Reply With Quote