Thread: Wheel fitment
View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2018, 14:40   #10
rowdy

The replacement wheels turned up today, must say I'm well pleased with them. All wheels pretty much spotless, a couple of small paint chips on one or two, but no kerb marks, and tyres all have plenty of tread, £40 per wheel and tyre delivered.

Only cheapo tyres but will get through the mot then I can source some decent new ones.

On a negative note, the tyre place I use, and have done for the last 20 years for all my cars and bikes, are likely to lose my custom. They have really gone downhill in my opinion. Last January I ordered new tyres for the back, and they put 225's on instead of the 205's I ordered. Caused havoc with my traction control, but they apologised and replaced them with the correct size.

However, this is the first time I've taken the wheels off since they changed the tyres, and it appears they have gone overboard with the buzz gun, doing the nuts up far too tight, and have destroyed the nuts, making getting them off earlier today more difficult than it should have been. Now need to replace these!
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote