View Single Post
Old Mar 31st, 2020, 00:00   #39
Kev0607
Premier Member

I have a Yuasa battery in my car that I bought from Halford's not so long ago, as my old battery (Exide) was knackered . I did shop around before buying, but the Exide battery that was originally in the car was much dearer than the Yuasa battery that Halford's had in stock at the time.

I just took measurements of the old battery I had when it was in situ in the engine bay, went to Halford's & got the same size one (It was practically identical to the one I removed, give or take a minute amount). I just gave the chap my reg & he confirmed the battery I needed, but taking the measurements of the old battery meant I could check that the new one would definitely fit in the battery cradle/holder before purchasing.

Mine is a Yausa HSB019 Silver 5000 (900CCA - 100Ah). I'd recommend this brand too, although it appears Exide (The brand of the old battery I had in my car) own Yuasa (The one I purchased).

Eitherway, the Yuasa battery seems fine & it come with a five year warranty. Don't be put off by the name so to speak because they're owned by a reputable company.

Last edited by Kev0607; Mar 31st, 2020 at 00:39.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote