View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 08:39   #9
SanPhire

I think this job's tougher on the facelifted headlights - but I've done it (and maybe redo the job once a year for the MOT, but I couldn't possibly comment). I've got a ton of photos somewhere... But not to hand...
Magnetic bits to keep the screws disappearing is useful for your sanity, and so is a flexible extension for your bit driver.
At the top of the projector carrier is a small white plastic guide pin. If you undo that and remove it (single torx screw) then the projector carrier is much freer and you can shift it to expose the torx screw with out futzing with the adjustors (useful because mine are knackered). There's another point where a torx screw holes it to a hinge mechanism that's easy to get at, again removing that just makes the whole thing easier to move.
Once free, you've just got the fun of wrangling the old projector out and the new one in, the cables get in the way a lot - I usually need a little Enya playing in the background to get the job done.
I've got the Retrofit D2S E46 projectors and can't get the rear cover back on so jury-rig a dust cover with some plastic film and duct tape. Classy. I think I might have had to Dremel a corner off the new projectors to stop it scraping up against the indicator housing.
Finally, obvs, white LED in the City Light strip.
SanPhire is offline   Reply With Quote