View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 12:18   #10
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanPhire View Post
I've got the Retrofit D2S E46 projectors and can't get the rear cover back on so jury-rig a dust cover with some plastic film and duct tape. Classy. I think I might have had to Dremel a corner off the new projectors to stop it scraping up against the indicator housing.
Finally, obvs, white LED in the City Light strip.
Is the problem in closing the cover caused by the packed ballasts in headlamps or its physically back of the bulb with connector protruding too far? In my case, L-shaped D2S connector is touching the back of the rear cover but is possible to close properly after I modified the rear cover a bit (cut out some plastic supports). Plus I did a hole to pull out cables to external ballasts.
I would try to modify cover asap as you really dont want to trust that "dust cover" too long, its more for rain/water protection than dust that I would be worry about.
As for taking the projectors out for MOT - nah, going trough the hassle of realligning lights etc? - do yourself a favour and get cheapest used set of OEM lamps from scrapper and just replace them once a year