View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2021, 20:40   #10
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
I'd always wanted a straight six engined car, and a few years back had the chance to buy a 1997 S90 - like yours the 3 litre 204bhp with an automatic gearbox.

And yes, it's a joy to drive. The sound the engine makes is wonderful, the acceleration is refined and stress-free, the space and grace something even a Rolls Royce owner might envy. Barge-like steering, but thanks to that rear suspension set up, winds round fast corners like an express train on rails.

And yes, the fuel consumption is a bit ah well, steep, I think would cover it. But if you're not doing a big mileage then honestly once you've sampled Volvo 900-series 3-litre motoring, you really wouldn't want anything else.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to look after too.

And if these things matter, I guarantee that when you do venture onto the forecourt you will get admiring glances, and the car will attract "you don't see many like that" comments.

A word to the wise - think about some additional security - Volvos of this age in good order are apparently targeted by thieves.

Enjoy your Big Green Goddess - and fingers crossed that the medics can work some magic for you too.

Cheers

Jack
You are so right on everything here Already had the mechanic at the Garage nudge his young (millennial) apprentice and tell him now that's a real car you want to buy one of those!
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post: