View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2022, 14:47   #5
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian0803 View Post
Are you sure it's a flaw?
I have an EV as second vehicle and when temps are sub 10 degC there is a significant drop in range. With the climate control on it shows an additional 10 -20 mile range if I turn it off, depending on start up or once the cars inside temp setting is reached.
So I would say yes, the climate control can easily reduce the range by the number you quote.
When you’re pre conditioning yes. The car is already at temperature before you set off so then climate control should be rarely doing anything otherwise what would be the point of pre conditioning? Dealer already acknowledges there is a problem and shouldn’t be doing that. Report sent off to Volvo to investigate. I barely get 13 miles in pure (from the original range of 25 miles). At just over half what the car says it should be doing that is completely unacceptable. We are forgetting we are paying a circa £8000 premium for the recharge models and the whole purpose of this is better range and fuel consumption. If we aren’t even getting that - what’s the point of PHEV?
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote