View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2022, 15:39   #9
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian0803 View Post
I assume you are plugged in when preconditioning?
I can only speak from my experience of driving a full EV to date. If the car interior is at set temp or preconditioned, the software always shows that the range can be increased by at least 7-12 miles. The climate control is still drawing power to maintain the cabin temp and this heater element is a big drain on the battery. More so than heated seats and heated steering wheel with climate switched off..
I can also say that this loss of predicted miles is a lot less during the warmer months and I was also surprised when suddenly my range plummeted as winter hit and climate control moved from cooling to heating.
Not saying your car does not have a fault, just sharing my experience with a full EV and under most conditions the published electric range(or sometimes predicted) is pie in the sky.
Yep plugged in and I don’t know of any manufacturer (other than Volvo) that quotes a range on marketing materials and that in the real world you get half of that figure. WLTP is supposed to be as close to real world as possible (within reason) for accurate comparison. I know the Audi equivalent to this vehicle loses around 5 miles of range in winter vs summer. This car loses 3x that.
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote