Thread: My car value?
View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 12:59   #5
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
My opinion.

That is a car like my own, needing a list of quite small things doing at the moment to arrest the risk of decay. e.g. yours has a couple of sill holes. Mine is about to have the welding done under the tailgate. &c. &c.

That heater fan will be a pig to sort from what I hear. And one hopes the water loss is not the gasket but if it is, then it can be done.

It sounds like a fundamentally good car to me.

Oh. And I quite like automatics. You only need one buyer. And if there might well be someone who wants or even needs and automatic.

Can you possibly find somewhere to keep the car and sell not quite so fast?

Good luck.
It is a fundamentally good car. Driven it for 10 years and around 18 months ago took us on holiday to County Kerry, Ireland with no issues and served me very well in my 10 years of ownership.

Unfortunately the Marina has issued car parking permits and as I have three cars have been asked me to get rid of one to make space for other moorers. They have asked for it to be gone by the 4th of September.
The 240 was my first Automatic and I have to say I like autos. My 940 is auto too. The heater fan needs a weekend of dash removal so a big time consuming job! It has never overheated or pressurised the cooling system and engine and gearbox work well. Its tidying and welding the holes on sill and heater fan and see where the very slow leak on heater pipe is. Found a little drip but couldn't see great as no torch.

Storage isn't an option for the car as it really needs to find a new home. If I had a house with drive I would keep it and do it up. Hope it finds a buyer on ebay.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote