View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2017, 10:46   #12
Exponent

Firstly - it would appropriate to say I feel privileged and very fortunate to own 2 Volvo's for our family. I am acutely aware, in my neck of the woods, that this is certainly not the norm nor is is it something that I take for granted.

The kids are early teens and around town they have no preference for the V40 or the XC60.

For longer trips, the older teen prefers the XC60 with the greater leg room. Longer trips are things like up to 10hrs stopping for a toilet break or 2 only (yes the XC60 does over 1000km with fuel to spare). One of our first trips for the XC60 was over 2000km in 3 days, attending a wedding on day 2.

Wife likes the zippiness of the V40 but also likes the high driving position and solid feeling of the XC60. Personally - I love both. Both safe and solid vehicles.

The V40 D4 is absolutely effortless around town with the extra power and torque. Small enough for almost all parking spots, big enough to drive like a proper car, and a rocket. Longer trips with lots of bags for extended stay might be a squeeze in the boot. Depends how much you pack. Took me a while to find the position for my back in the seat - initially it was lower back torture - but ended up sitting low and forward.......and it is soooooo good.

XC60 D4 - the "soccer mum" beast.....which is usually me. Great driving car and does it all. Higher driving position and the front seats are different to the V40. Obviously seriously comfortable as proven by the long trips and very easy to find that sweet spot. Big boot.....and has no lip on the boot. The V40 does.

So far - very happy with both - both are winners.
Exponent is offline   Reply With Quote